Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Okay then...

Okay, when I make a major purchase I simmer over the decision for awhile. I have been tv shopping for a year. It has taken me more than a year to commit to getting DISH. I have been without television since June, 2009. I thought I was going to die. I missed it so much. Well, a few weeks ago, while I was in a meeting at the ballpark, the hubby decided to go out and purchase a tv. While he got a good deal on it, I nearly had a heart attack. I just like to slow walk this stuff....apparently, hubby liked the shock factor.

Last Thursday I told him I wanted to start looking into trading my car in. I don't buy new vehicles. I don't want to pay that much for them especially if you are going to need a new one in 5 years. Why pay $20,000.00 over 5 years for a brand new or 1 year old car when you will end up needing a new one in about 6 years? Pointless. I rather pay $10,000 or less for a 5 or 6 year old vehicle that I can drive 5 0r 6 years. My last vehicle (although not the most beautiful thing in the world - but it was decent) was 13 years old this year. I have driven it for almost 4 years and it had just started to fall apart really. We paid about $3,000 for it all together. Someone knew my father-in-law and wanted to get it out of there garage. Pretty sweet deal for no car payment and a vehicle. :) Anyway, it was time to move on. I told him that morning that I wanted another blazer like my old one (which was a 96 blazer)....he came and got my car in the middle of the day and traded it in on a 2001 blazer 4x4 (which I soooooo wanted). He already had the papers signed and done before I even got to see it!! I was shocked. Mad. Upset. Furious....but I loved it so I got over it quickly.

I couldn't believe he did that - but I am very happy (so far) with his decision. It is cherry red (which I am not a fan of red, but I admit that it is pretty) and its previous owner took very very very good care of it. It also has low miles which is a HUGE plus.

So, I have threatened his life and told him that if he makes another major purchase without me involved he will pay :) But I love him....he does spoil me.

No comments:

Post a Comment