Saturday, February 12, 2011

I LOVE....

I said in my last post I was on a journey to self re-discovery....so I am slowly trying to find myself. So, today, I am going to share 20 things that I truly love, aside from the obvious which would be my husband and my kids.

1. Severe weather - see previous posts for explanations on this..lol.

2. Softball weather - these are the days that are a little warm but cool at the same time. It feels like there is no temperature because your not hot or cold, there might be a light breeze but it doesn't bother you and you can smell the cool moisture in the air. Its the perfect day to play softball. I love those days.

3. Books. I love to read. There is nothing on the planet better than a good story to take you away from your current struggles or worries and help ease your mind.

4. Online shopping. I rarely if ever buy anything online, but I prefer to shop online at home and then go to the store to get it. That is so weird I know, but I like to read the reviews and price compare and so forth. If it is anything that costs more than $100 you can bet it takes me a month to buy it. I just spent a month and a half purchasing a new washer and dryer. Last year, I shopped for 3 months just for a new television. My husband ended up waiting until I was gone to a board meeting before he just went and bought one himself.

5. Mascara. I love mascara. I rarely go without it. I get compliments alot on my "beautiful", "long", "thick" lashes, but really, if I am not wearing mascara, you don't see them. They are few, thin and short. Without makeup I look lashless. lol.

6. My blackberry. I cannot survive without my phone. You will not see me without it and I don't know how to go the whole day without it. I am seriously attached to it. It is my lifeline. For real.

7. Weird food combinations. I think I have touched on this before....but I eat weird combinations. Easy cheese on my hot dogs, Cheez its and ranch dip, pintos and cheese with cheetos....it goes on and on. ;)

8. Disney movies. I love fairytales. I love Disney. I have always just wanted to live at Disney World. It really is the happiest place on earth. I think the old Disney movies are the best - Snow White, Robin Hood, Peter Pan. I love the music, everything.

9. Old houses. I love old houses. I think every house has a story and the older the house, the better the story. I think I get this from my love of books....my imagination tends to run wild.

10. Trees. trees are my happy place. The woods, a forest, I love them. It relaxes me and I try to keep my trees as a focal point throughout the day to keep me balanced and relaxed.

11. Sweet Tea. And nobody makes sweet tea like my dad used to.

12. Quotes. I love quotes. I don't know why but I do. I have tons of them. I write them down and try to memorize them. Whether they are inspirational or silly, I love sayings. Not cheesy ones like "just believe", but things that people can appreciate or make someone laugh. For instance, my Southern Belle shirt that I am wearing today says "Lord fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and nudge me when I've said enough". I love that.

13. Music. I love music. I have so many grooveshark playlists its not even funny. I have everything - Classical, songs from musicals, country, rock, love songs, easy listening, rock and roll, classic rock, you name it, I have it, and I listen to them all. regularly. Right now I am on a serious grunge kick..like 90's alternative....I also love to fall in love with some random song from a movie or tv show. I go look it up online ad find it on grooveshark. I have a playlist of just those songs. My favorite soundtracks are the Twilight Saga soundtracks. Those songs are dark and moody and for some reason I find them relaxing. I heard Peyton from One Tree Hill refer to her Ipod as "100 songs to save your life". Thats my grooveshark account. 1,000 songs to save mine. lol.

14. Pictures. I love pictures. I have a horrible memory and the only way I can remember anything is to have a picture of it. I love to flip through my photo albums.

15. Romance. I love romance. I love to be romanced. and I married a man that is soooo not into romance. Don't get me wrong, he has his moments, but in the grand scheme of things, he is not a Romeo by any means. And I have this constant need to feel like Juliet. I want him to say things to me like Edward does Bella, like Noah did Alli, like Nick did to Kat....(for you non-movie buffs out there that last couple is from Wedding Date....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie). aaawww swoon *big sigh* lol.

16. Movies. Movies are really up there with books for the same reason.

17. Space. I love outerspace. I could stare at stars forever. I am a nature girl, can you tell?

18. Pineapple. I know this is totally random right? I love pineapple. Its one of my favorite thigs to eat. I love love love fresh pineapple.

19. White gummy bears. I also love the white gummy bears. The rest are not as good to me, but the white ones rock... go figure, they are pineapple!

20. Brent and Sam / Ben and Jerry. I have an ongoing love affair with four different men other than my husband.....Brent and Sam Key Lime cookies (and I hate lime, but those are DIVINE) and Ben and Jerry ice cream. Which is probably why I look like an orca whale, but some B/J chocolate fudge brownie gets me every time ;)


So, there is some random 20 things I love. I am a random person and I enjoy random. Lol.

I hope you all have a great start to the week. I have to work from home tomorrow. Due to the weather snowing us in Wed - Fri last week I believe it will be a long one!!

XOXO

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment