Saturday, January 17, 2009

Poker Night!

We went to our bff's house last night. The kids were begging to spend the night with their great grandmother,who they are extremely close to, so me and the hubby had a night out. :)

We just hung out. The guys had a few beers and we all sat down and played poker. We are goobers and when we play poker we play for change. Or at least we used to. Trav got a new set of poker chips around Christmas and I was not aware we were going to use those. So I got a roll of quarters for nothing! Anyway, Derek and I started with $5.00 each. By the end of the night, Derek was flat broke and I had made $13 (well, $17 if you count the $4.00 I gave him through out the night...ha ha ha). I was pretty stoked! I kept my money, took Derek's and made some money! I was so proud of myself. :)

Well, it was an early night for us. Derek has to work for the next three nights so I will be all by my lonesome. Its also Saturday night so the kids will be with my inlaws (or they usually are). I am supposed to go to my brothers house for a party tonight to hang out with my friends. Its not every weekend that my kids go somewhere every night, but this happened to be an exception. Plus its a long weekend for them, I think they should have a lil extra fun!! Tomorrow is Sunday, which means housework for mom! Boo!!! Talk to you later!

**Courtney**

No comments:

Post a Comment