Monday, January 19, 2009

Wedding Planner




My sister in law is getting married in two months. She is nineteen and they have been together for YEARS. She only has two brothers, I married the oldest and the other is in college and as far as I know has never had a serious girlfriend ever. So I am really the closest thing she has had to a sister. I love my sister in law to pieces and could not be more excited for her. I have soooo wanted to help out with the planning and everything, especially since Derek and I planned our wedding in barely over a month and there were so many misteps (even though my wedding was beautiful, had everything and everyone I wanted there - it was just sloppy in some areas and there are a few things now I wish I did that then I didn't really care about). But, its her day and I did not want to step on my mother in laws toes or Alli's toes by "butting in". So I have waited for them to ask me for help and they did...FINALLY! I was busting at the seams with ideas and within three days, I had the bouquets roughed, the arch figured out, the candleabra arrangements done...as you can see, we are doing it ourselves which I LOVE. We went to the church last night just the three of us and we went over everything. Where the decor would go, where the party would stand, everything. And then I came home and picked out her music. Luckily, Alli and I are somewhat alike and I have a pretty good idea of what she would like and what she would absolutely hate. Its a simple, beautiful, small town wedding in a small town church that she and her brothers grew up in since infancy...and I must say...it's turning out perfect. :) I could not be more thrilled. Here's a few of the pictures of the "rough" bouquets and the trial run on the candleabra that I did....tell me what you think!!





No comments:

Post a Comment