Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good News/Bad News

okay, so today was a good news bad news day.

Good News: My hubby starts his new job Monday!!! (its at the same place, just a different part of the plant)...so yeah!! Why is that such good news....cause he no longer works the funky 12 hour shifts that alternate between nights and days...which means that no longer will we have two consecutive weekends every three to four weeks to make plans and no longer will I have to be single mommying it for weeks at a time like I have all month!!! Why you ask?? Because NOW my hubby works from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.!!! SCORE! I am sooo excited to have a normal family life again. I have been feeling so alone and depressed and stressed because I am literally pulling all the family weight solo. It sucks and its stressful. No more!! I get to see my hubby and have an actual marriage again instead of a roomie! YEAH!!!

Bad News: His plant is getting to ready to lay off 40% of their employees until mid July. Boo. No idea which one yet, but I do know that for today, its not him!! Thank the Lord!! I just hope and pray that he avoids the lay off. I know those chances are slim to none right now b/c he's kind of the low man on the totem pole since he's only been there a few months...but hey, a girl can dream!!

***

In other news...we start our first softball tournament this weekend. So ready for it! I can't wait. Despite the fact that two of our key players were stolen to another team less than a week ahead of time...we will recover. We got a pretty good little team and I am so excited! But of course, if this rainy weather doesn't let up, we might not get to play :(

***

Oh, and more yucky news...I think I am allergic to Maybelline Mascara. It has been bugging the crap out of my eyes. So I am going to have to get new mascara. I fell in love with Sephora at Park Plaza Mall the other day. I would love to go back and play!! I could easily spend some serious money there (but I can't bring myself to actually do that) and waste an entire day there. I want to try this Dior mascara they have there...I have read AMAZING things about it...but not sure I can bring myself to spend $24 on mascara...even if the tube is like double the size of hte stuff at walmart...especially since we aren't sure if Derek is getting laid off soon...so I get to mascara shop this weekend! So excited! If there is one thing I love to shop for, its mascara. I don't know why, but mascara has always been my one "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT" item since I was like 16. I know, I am such a dork!! But I'll let you know what I find!!

No comments:

Post a Comment