Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend in Review

I had a busy weekend. We had our second tournament this weekend and our girls are getting better every day. They didn't play to their potential the first two games, but by the third...they were doing spectacular. We lost every game, but I don't care. The girls had fun, I had fun and they played so well the third game. I act as though each of those girls are my own kids and I love them to pieces. I am a mother hen like that. I don't care what people think (I know some folks think that is wierd) but when the girls are inside that fence, they are my girls :) and I could not have been a more proud mother hen than I was Saturday afternoon. We play again tomorrow and I am pumped.

*****

Today, me and the hubby went to eat breakfast. I decided today that I would do the unimaginable for me....I went easter shopping a week in advance. I spent less than half of what I did last year (which was obscene and when I was done and realized it, I had a small heart attack...I just get TOO into things like this...I love it, seeing their faces light up in the morning at their surprise, its just wonderful) and I finished my sons basket, the majority of my daughters and about half of my hubbys. Yes, I spoil my hubby and he gets an easter basket too. The kids ask why Mommy never gets one. Daddy says its cause mommy was bad this year (ha ha ha...then he says he is kidding) but I tell them its cause mommy told the easter bunny to not make her one but give it to some one who needs it more. :) I like to think I am teaching them a lesson in giving. That usually satisfies their curiosity some. I know my geniuos 7 year old will figure it out in a year or two...so I like to enjoy it now.

****

And finally...I am a movie whore. I love movies. I watch movies all the time and I have a wide array of DVD's in my home. We watch a lot of movies. Its mine and my hubbies thing. I love em. I watched soooo many movies last weekend and this past week that I thought I would share my reviews. I was sick last Sunday and my tv isn't working so I got online and watched movies all day on my computer. Here's my rundown:

Made of Honor - LOVED IT. Patrick Dempsey is such a great romantic comedy actor and he did a spectacular job in this movie. I loved the fact that part of it was in Ireland (cause I am party Irish) and I fell in love with McDreamy all over again. Great girls night movie.

Nights in Rodanthe - Okay, well, I am completely obsessed with Nicholas Sparks novels. I read them constantly, own the majority of them, and I love them hopelessly. So, needless to say, I LOVED LOVED LOVED this movie. It was a tear jerker and a heart tugger. Great girls night movie.

Bride Wars - my computer messed up 3/4 of the way through this one, and I couldn't finish it, so I have to finish it later...but 3/4 of the way in...it was HILARIOUS. I love Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway and they had me rolling. Great date movie.

Vicki Cristina Barcelona - I am not sure I spelled that right. okay, I love me some Scarlett Johannsen. This movie was different. It was good...but wierd...first off, you got Scarlett in a three way relationship were she is sorta bi....different. It was just wierd. ITs good to watch once and get out of the rutt of just watching the same stuff over and over...but not one I would watch over and over again.

Twilight - I watched it to see what the hype was about. For the first 15 minutes...I was like "okay, this is not going to be good"....then about 1/2 way through...I was like okay - scratch that last thought, I am loving this...by the end, I was like BITE ME PLEASE. :) I am hooked.

Sex and the City - okay, I never watched the series. I caught a rerun once and I couldn't get into it. But again, watched it to see the hype. I did like it. A good girls night out movie. A little graphic at times, but overall okay.

and last but not least....

Juno - OMG...the best movie line of all time: (as she is waiving a positive pregnancy test back and forth) - "this ain't no etch a sketch...this is one doodle that can't be undid home skillet". The wit and logic of this pregnant 16 year old is absolutely hilarious. I would recommend every one watch this. It is fantastic. One of my faves for sure.

So, now you know what to watch if your in the search for a good flick in the near future. I will let you know when I watch something new. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment