Monday, May 11, 2009

happy belated mother's day... :)

Sorry fellow bloggers...haven't had my computer all weekend. My boss had to work on a brief so I loaned to her while she was at the hospital with her hubby (he's okay now -bless his heart) so she could work on it.

I had the busiest weekend. I watched my little man play ball Friday night. I absolutely love the ball park. Have I mentioned that lately? ha ha ha...he did so good and we FINALLY beat a team that tends to cheat. Okay, the team doesn't, but the coaches are the kind that tend to bend the rules. They weren't happy that we beat them! and my little man hit the winning run in! I was so proud. They all did good. Of course, I worked the concession stand and watched the majority of the game from there. :( but its okay, I don't mind helping out when needed.
Saturday morning we got up at 3:00 a..m. and left for Memphis. We went to watch Pinks All Out. The boys were so excited. I thought it would be nice to get away and spend time with my boys. 3+ hour drive. LONG. and it was POURING DOWN RAIN. I am talking 10 buckets of rain per second. Horrible. Then we get a ticket b/c my tags expired two months ago and I had no clue. We didn't get the reminder in the mail (go figure). We finally get there and its still raining. Well, we were there aaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day. For like 16 hours of racing. That's alot. and the sun came out after the rain so we were all stinky and sunburned and then it got cold. Yeah, it was miserable but it was fun to watch, I have to admit. But I dreaded the forever long ride home and we were both so tired. I had to drive the last 1/2 of the way back b/c Derek about fell asleep behind the wheel. It was like 1:30 a.m. before we made it home. But Carson had a blast. But I have to admit not worthing missing my teams game on Saturday. They postponed last weekends game to this past Saturday but we had already bought my ticket, so I had to go. :( But its okay.

Then Mother's DAy! We had a lovely lazy day. My mother in law found a little baby turtle and gave it to Shanna. She loved him. She refused to let him go. So we ended up buying a 10 gallon tank (then we found out they carry salmonella - so we got a lid for the tank and come up with the rule that NO ONE TOUCHES THE TURTLE!). He's already spoiled. Got a big ole tank, a few rocks, a little swimming pool with a rock in it and everything!! She even named him Brock. Don't ask, I don't know - why would you name a turtle Brock? She's so silly.

Now, its Monday. the Monday from You Know Where!! But n e who...so that was my weekend. Hopin for a better week!! :) I know, this post is totally retarded and random!! ha ha ha! Talk to you later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment