Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WHEW...What a day!

Okay, we are on day two of my vacation and I am worn out. I don't feel relaxed at all!! Its been go go go go go go since I got off!! :) Yesterday we picked up the floors for the house (YAY!! F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. ) and then we purchased the vanity and the sink for the kids bathroom. I am so excited. We are finally almost through. The only thing left to purchase it the crown molding and final baseboards. They should begin laying the floors tomorrow. We also emptied one of the two storage buildings so that is one less bill each month which is a good thing. Now to just get rid of about three more.

We had Shanna's birthday. I took her with me to the salon and we had our hair cut and I had my usual coloring and eye brow wax. After that she turned into diva prima donna. She ruled the world on her birthday! ha ha ha....she got an abundance of clothes which she loved and a hoola hoop that we can't get her out of! She also got her cook book and she is estatic. She is no longer a baby girl and she loves to be in the kitchen with me so I guess its about time I start teaching her the fundamentals.

Finally, while sister and I were at the salon, daddy calls me and he and Carson adopted the newest member of our family. He is a 5 month old lab/husky mix. He is white with a khaki spot around his eye and one or two khaki spots on his back. He is very excited and fun and large. The kids love him. Derek's even doting on him more than any other dog we have owned. I am very excited that we got him. We named him Gage and of course the "posse" (referring to the coven of cats that we have - that are mean btw...Mia Belle, Tinkerbell, Shadow and Salem) were not to thrilled. They know if they hurt them we will get em so they try to leave him alone, but the fact that we made his home close to the front porch (which they consider their turf) did not excite them by any means. ;)

So, our lil farm just got a little bigger!! I have always loved huge families...

1 comment: