Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Boo Day

So today was boo...it was a long day and I was stressed out and it just wasn't great. Carson and Shanna went to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning and checkup...well, last Summer Carson was traumatized by a dentist. His teeth were literally shattering in the back of his mouth (not because he doesn't brush - he does! He is on a strict asthma regiman and does an inhaler every night. They warned me a side effect could be it weaken the enamel...they weren't kidding) and we had to have one pulled. He was terrified and wouldn't do the gas...it was infected and almost to the point it would suffocate him if it reached his throat...we had to pin him down and get it done. It was traumatic for him, heart wrenching for me and a headache for dad. Well, he did good yesterday but.....yes, there is a but.....he has FOUR severe cavities that need filled...2 baby teeth that need to be crowned...has to have some procedure with one of the crowns so the tooth isn't cold sensitive...plus he needs a root canal on a permanent tooth. Holy crow. Seriously. Shanna needs two fillings which irks me b/c she had PERFECT teeth last summer and I was so proud. But my poor Carson.....I dread it. We go for fillings Feb. 2. I will discuss the rest of Carson's "treatment" with him then. So not looking forwrd to it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment