Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Okay, so don't laugh...

I realize how silly this is...but it made my whole day. When we got married, my dishes, my bake ware, EVERYTHING had to match. My entire kitchen was done in ivy. I loved it. I still love it, but the direction I am taking my house is more earthy, natural tones and the dishes and accessories ( I have no room for right now) just needed to be gone. I wanted heavier stoneware plates and bowls and I really didn't use all the ivy stuff. So my mom bought it from me and I used the money to replace my dishes and get a few mixing bowls and bakeware to replace what I am giving her. I am sooo excited. I love my new brownish/tannish dishes and my clear bakeware and mixing bowls. I am such a kitchen addict. And this also made me realize my pathetic little existence. lol. How sad is that I am totally ecstatic about dishes and bakeware?? Now, if Derek could get a job so I could put back a little bit to start on my new kitchen soon!! We had planned to start on it in the Spring so we could start remodeling my bathroom and bedroom in the Summer but since Derek is still unemployed, that plan is temporarily stalled. But I am still planning. I have designed the kitchen and I am pricing my cabinets and hunting for my two-tiered island....I sooooo can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment