Thursday, October 8, 2009

6 going on 16....

When I was pregnant I read EVERYTHING. I mean everything. I had a plan. I was going to read everything available to me on how to parent and I would have this thing down before they ever arrived right? I mean I have always been a mother hen. Its second nature to me so I thought "okay, this will be a piece of cake" at least while they were small. Well, I got a BIG FAT 'F' FOR THAT!!

So, my princess. My shining, happy, fearless, cautionless, stubborn headed, independent 6 year old light of my life is schooling me in the department of parenting. So, she's 6 and has been a professional shopper since 3. No lie. She was THREE when we were in Target, she saw a dress and looked up at me and said "I love that. I want that dress but only if they have it in orange". At that point, I didn't even realize she knew what shade orange really was!!

So, my darling princess, who by the way since the day she was born has absolutely loved dresses (the frillier the better for her), has denounced the dress today. I was informed a few weeks back that she hated blue jeans and long sleeve shirts and tennis shoes. Now, she hates dresses and boots. So from the information I am given, she will be wearing tshirts, shorts and flip flops through winter.

I thought I would not have to go through this until she became a teenager. Apparently, I was sooooooo wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment