Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CT day...

okay, well, I had my ct scan this morning. Boo. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was by no means a wonderful experience.

I spent half the day there and I am still recuperating. I have never felt so blah in my entire life. I feel as though I have ran a three day marathon and I think pregnancy morning sickness is BY FAR less excrutiating than the nausea I have dealt with all day. I think an order of Finegrin (spell check anyone?) will be on the menu when I meet with the doc tomorrow to discuss the findings (if any...wouldn't that be something? Get there and this is all nothing and completely in my head - I think I would rejoice!).

I got there an hour and a half early - per their request - and filled out the paperwork (all 2 pages of it that took less than five minutes mind you) and then when my appointment time rolled around I went back and had the first scan done. I laid up on the bed and squeezed my eyes shut and rocked in and out of this machine. I tried to picture myself on some funky ride at Disney World. (I know right?). This wasn't a big deal but for some reason when it comes to me dealing with machines like this that I don't deal with regularly, I realize I watch too much t.v. and I have serious anxiety issues.

Well, after round 1, I got to drink TWO LARGE cups of "pink lemonade"...or in medical terminology terms - contrast...I thought I was going to be sick. I love pink lemonade. I prefer it over regular lemonade most of the time. But I haven't been able to hold much down without a struggle for over a week now and this was really really hard. I was so nauseated that it took every ounce of will power in my being to keep it down. After about forty-five minutes I went back in there. I had to drink ANOTHER 1/4 of cup of it and then they put an iv in me with more! I swear!! I HATE needles...HATE. I don't do well with needles. AT ALL. Like a five year old, I had my mommy with me and she had to hold my hand and talk to me while they did the iv. It hurt so bad. I have hard veins to get anyway and she had to poke me three times. All I could think about was a month ago when they tried to draw Carson's blood while he was sick and he was screaming for dear life and begging me to make them quit. I think it made me stronger and more able to deal. I just closed me eyes, squeezed my mother's thumb till it was purple (no exaggeration) and pictured my little boy there holding me like I did him. Bless his heart. I came home and showed him the little marks and told him mommy didn't cry because he was such a big boy when he had it done. You should have seen the pride in his face. He was so proud of mommy for being a "big girl" ha ha ha...

So then I rocked back and forth some more with tubes coming out of my arms. Then I got sick all over again. I swear...that contrast did not agree with my stomach AT ALL. I barely made it home where I had to sit for like over an hour waiting on something to kick in and make it stop! It was HORRIBLE. I will never do that again if I can help it and I swear if I do, I ain't going to work afterward for sure!! I have felt like I was going to throw up all afternoon. They should really give out something for that afterward. They surely didn't warn me about it!

So, there has been my pleasant day! I hope ya'lls was by far better! I am off to bed now where hopefully the Mr. will feel sorry for me and massage my back cause it is also throbbing.....I think I am falling apart! :)

Keep me in your prayers tomorrow that this is nothing and it all works out in the end!! Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment