Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Scoop n HAPPY EASTER!

okay, well, I am a holiday ho. I love holidays, I love everything about them. I love how people are in happy moods on holidays. I love the food, the smells, the colors, the traditions, the excitement, the anticipation. My favorites are (in order): Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day (This is my biological dad's birthday which is why its special to me), July 4th, Memorial/Labor Days, Valentine's Day and any other day off!! ha ha ha.....

I love holidays where I get to pretend I am something special like Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny. My kids still believe in both, and I love playing it. This morning was no exception. I put the baskets out at about midnight.....Shanna woke up and there was a spider on her window in her room. She came to get daddy and after daddy dealt with the teeny spider I couldn't believe she saw, she sleepily asked him 'can I go through that easter basket I saw now?' :) how cute is she?? So I told em to come on and they came running..."ooohh,,, a frisbeeee!!!" "ooohhh, reeses eggs! I love reeses eggs" and my absolute fave quote of the morning...my darling 5 year old daughter with the biggest heart of gold in the world "LOOK MOMMY!! I GOT A BABY DUCKLING!!" (its not real, its a doll) but you couldn't tell her otherwise. This child has more baby dolls and stuffed animals than anything in the world, but if she doesn't get some kind of animal for easter, she will be devestated. She loves to walk down the aisle at walmart and just stare at all the plush bunnies, and puppies, and duckies, and chickies....ITS ADORABLE.

So we had our easter fun this morning! We did our easter egg hunt yesterday (good thing too apparently, since its pouring outside) at my friend Brooke's. We have a yearly tradition for Easter Weekend. On Friday night our kids get together and we color eggs. On Saturday about 11ish we get together and hide eggs over and over and over...then we cookout that evening and hang out. of course this year, we couldn't cook out. I had a close cousin come in from Utah and she's prego (YEAH!!) and I couldn't wait to see her so I had to go there last night, but its okay! So we had a busy day and a fun one! Nothing like cookouts and easter egg hunts!!

oh!!! and guess what!!! I found the most awesome thing yesterday!!! I live in a tiny town. very small. We have 1 stop light at the main intersection. We got that like may 6 years ago....we felt special. We have 2 gas stations, both of which sell pizza and sandwiches, one which has a car wash. They have been there since I was tiny. Well, in the last like 2 years, we have grown. We have a small bank, a Fred's and a Sonic! It's not the same tiny town it used to be! They even put a Big Red down the highway with a McDonald's...well, like a week ago they opened a Dollar General next to Fred's. Don't know why, but they did. (For the record, I am waiting on a grocery store. I want a real grocery store out here dangit!! So I don't have to go to town!! ha ha ha, I am lazy like that) I don't like Fred's. Now, I generally go to Benton for everything, grocery shopping, Wal-Mart everything. Fred's. It doesn't have my preferred brands and the few brands they do have I have to pay nearly double for unless I want to drive 15 minutes to Benton for laundry detergent when I am lookin rough cause I am cleaning house....The color bleach I usually pay like $5 for at walmart was over $8 at Fred's!! No thanks!! so we stopped yesterday to check out the DG...just to compare prices to Walmart and Fred's next door when we needed something in a pinch. OMG. Loved it. They had tons of my preferred brands, comparable to WalMArt and they are right down the road. No more going to Walmart for one cleaning item and coming out with a cart full! WOO HOO. But, what made my day...a mop. Yes, a mop. See, my linoleum floors have those little cellulite looking grooves in it...I hate it. and hopefully in the next couple of months, those floors will be gone! But for now, I have to spend about 3 hours on my hands and knees with a Mr. Clean MAgic Eraser (b/c nothing else will clean those little grooves) and mop by hand my kitchen and the bathrooms. I HATE IT. Hate. With a fiery passion that burns. My back and knees are killing me when I am through and I am so sore the next day. Well, as I was walking down the cleaning aisles at DG yesterday, I passed the mops, when the word "magic eraser" caught my eye. OH YES, there was a MOP made by Mr. Clean and the mop pad was a big ole MAGIC ERASER!!! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!! I just about cried I was soooo excited! I paid $13 for a mop (which is ridiculous!!!) But I don't care. I would have paid $50 not to have to go on my hands and knees for hours!! My hunny just laughed at me. It is so sad that you come to a point in your life that something that makes you so happy is a mop! ha ha ha...Well, HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment